Titulo

Bull Cafe Racer


What happens if a web developer, a lover of the cafe racer decides to realize his bike, the bike of his own mind?


The result is that it does so in the best way possible and to its fullest the best of his skills.
The bike does not have original ideas and work well if done with passion does not denote great mechanical ability, but everything is done exactly.
Nothing oddities, a motorcycle and functional staff presented in a very good, much better than those of big customizer.
These are my impressions, but perhaps to better understand the work of Krystian I invite you to read this  interview.





I wanted to create a raw bike. I wish it contains as little plastic as possible instead of a lot of metal and leather parts. It is my first motorcycle, which I was building by myself, that is why I wanted to do my best during preparation. I have been browsing in the internet thousands of motorcycles for a long time. Each of them gave me some inspirations to choose specified elements to create my dream one.

Thanks to this I was creating the vision of original motorcycle in my head. Although I knew what I really wanted to create, I was not able to draw the project on a paper. Finally I started to work hard. I have bought a basis: Honda cb 750 seven fifty, the production year 1992 in very good condition.

When the previous owner heard, that I am going to dismantle his motorcycle, he told that he did not want to hear it, so we brought on motorcycle on car carrier trailers. After the arrival of motorcycle to my garage I did not know from what I should start with. The hundreds of parts, how can I remember it- I was asking myself. It was the first motrocycle, which I have ever built. Everything was quite new for me.






I decided to disassemble parts one after another and report everything. First of all I wrote the name of part, which I was going to dismantle on the paper then I recored the name of this part, part inside motorcycle and how I disamantle it. Thanks to it I had about 80 movies with exact documentation. I did not have any experience in creating a shape o frame, that is why I left on the frame: engine, wheels, steering wheel.

Therefore it was easier to achieve intended look of the frame. Gradually I have been creating on my own some parts, others I bought. But all in the strict sequence. After assembling one part I pitched to it another without hurry. Nevertheless whole of this project took about 500 hour of hard work. I did not take the easy way out even with smallest details.



Everything had to be just as I designed. Sometimes I was made to do the part once again, but it was worth it. Thanks to these efforts now I have such motorcycle, which was in my head from the beginning. After assembly of motorcycle came a long time awaited moment - the first firing a motorcycle. I must admit, it was very stressful for me, because it was some kind of test after one year of hard work. After little difficulties I managed to fired it, and there was a lot of smoke in the garage.

It was an amazing feeling that is experienced only once, because once in a lifetime you can do the first motorcycle. After this I conducted tests of every part, careful rides due to check if everything work as it should. Of course I started testing from the brakes.




When the tests were successful,  came the moment to make the whole project elegantly documented. I took a photo and video sessions to be able to go back always to those nice moments. During the entire construction process I met many interesting people who share similar interests and passions. Such people were the owners of companies who have done for me for free some parts. The first was company ARMJ (http://armj.com.pl)  who performed a great seat. The second company wass a PROTON (http://protonfilters.pl)  who has done sports air filters. I truly appreciate this collaboration. Besides, I spent a lot of hours with my dad. For sure without him motorcycle would not look like as looks now.




Parts
_______________________________________________________________


Seat
The seat was made to order in the company ARMJ. It consists of two filling materials - first at the bottom with     a hard structure and a second on top of soft structure. It was finished with brown leather upholstery of the highest quality.



Clip-ons
Clip-ons consist of a steel tube and the aluminum attachment of diameter 41 mm. The whole was polished.


Fenders
Fenders were handmade from sheet with a thickness of 2mm. The rear fender is mounted to the swingarm.       It was sandblasted and painted by spray.



Exhaust pipes
The exhaust pipes were cleaned and painted with heat-resistant color and wrapped heat-insulating tape            of thickness 2mm.


Headlight brackets
Headlight brackets were handmade from stainless metal. They have been sandblasted and powder coated.   They contain threaded holes, which are mounted front direction indicator lamps.



Engine
The original engine of the motorcycle Honda CB 750 Seven Fifty has been refined and was glass blasted.          Also gaskets and washers were exchanged.



Frame
The frame was modified - the rear part was shortened and trimmed, and in its place was welded into a new straight part of frame,which was rounded at the back. Apart from this we also added the shelf on which was positioned the electrical part. Everything was sandblasted and painted with powder.



Silencers
Chrome silencers in megaphone style  with detachable tip with a length of 44cm and a diameter of 9,3cm.



Headlight
The original headlight was painted black, and the glass was polished.


Taillight
The chrome lamp case is made of metal. From the bottom of the lamp's lighting registration plate.


Battery box
The battery box was handmade of a stainless metal and attached to the swingarm. At the bottom of the box   and the cover were mounted vibration damping material.


Mirrors
Round mirrors were made of chromed metal and attached to rear of the steering wheel.


Turn signals
Turn signals were made of chrome-plated metal. Rear direction indicators were mounted directly to the frame, and the front ones were assembled bracket of the headlamp.


Speedometer
Speedometer in the style of the 60s with four LEDs - LED of neutral race, oil alarm LED, LED traffic lights and LED direction indicators.




 Tachometer
Chromed illuminated tachometer in the style of the 60s.



Oil filter
Chrome-plated oil filter.


Tank
The original tank was spray painted. We have cut off from its attachment of side fairings.


Rims
Rims were sandblasted and powder painted.


Forks
Original forks with a diameter of 41 mm were polished.


Heated grips
The standard grips changed into heated grips. The two-stage heating controller has been mounted under the seat.


Fuel cap
The original fuel cap has been polished.


Air filters
The conical air filters with a diameter of 52mm made to order in the company Proton.


Horn
Horn has been mounted on a fork just under the headlight.


Emblem
Emblem was made according to the project has been placed on both sides of tank and covered with colorless varnish.


Swingarm
Swingarm was sandblasted and powder painted.



Side stand
Side stand was sandblasted and powder painted in the black color.


Grip
Grip of the counter and tachometer was handmade from stainless steel with a thickness of 2mm.



Clutch lever
Clutch lever has been polished, and its handle was sandblasted and powder painted in the black color.



Brake lever
The brake lever has been polished and its holder and master cylinder has been sandblasted and powder painted in black color.



Logo on top clamp
In place of attachment of  the standard steering wheel was bolted special leather-covered ledge from which it had been cut emblem.



Bull Cafe Racer
http://bullcaferacer.pl




(if it's possible use link http://krystianbednarek.pl/#!/galeria=74)

2 comments

  1. Your CB is just beautiful, do you mind sharing where you bought the clip-ons ?
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Numerous architects furnish customers with monstrous portfolios that incorporate some incredible logo structures, and some exceptionally poor plans. logo design service

    ReplyDelete

La libertà di opinione verrà rispettata sempre, nei limiti della legalità. Qualora si ravvisino commenti offensivi ovvero in violazione di una qualsiasi normativa in vigore, il commento verrà cancellato ma conservato (con il relativo indirizzo ip di pubblicazione) per una eventuale azione legale.

RocketGarage Design. Powered by Blogger.
google.com, pub-5748596377744039, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0