Titulo

’77 PunkRockerBoxer


By Asbjørn Tiller

A fairly original 1977 R100RS was bought last summer. In contrast to my previous original bikes I wanted this one to be customised and personalised to my own liking. In addition, the aim was to create an everyday ride that had to be reliable for longer distances. I had a clear vision of how I wanted the bike to look, inspired by classic British bikes, and I didn’t care if it was going to be classified as a café racer, brat or whatever. 



I’ve kept quite a few of the original parts, both because I find them nice, and to help keeping the budget within reasonable limits. There’s been a lot of detailing with painting, specially made brackets and so on. The colour of the tank is original. Tank emblems are made out of aluminium. The whole rear end is rebuilt, including making a new mudguard. VonZeti manufactured the subframe and seat, and short hooligan mufflers make the perfect noise. Bullseye indicators are fitted to the handlebars. 

So the bike turned out just as I envisioned, and so far I’ve clocked 7000 kilometres since rebuild. Including a trip from Norway to Ace Café London for a full English breakfast and a sticker. Next summer will be spent in the Norwegian mountainside.





No comments

La libertà di opinione verrà rispettata sempre, nei limiti della legalità. Qualora si ravvisino commenti offensivi ovvero in violazione di una qualsiasi normativa in vigore, il commento verrà cancellato ma conservato (con il relativo indirizzo ip di pubblicazione) per una eventuale azione legale.

RocketGarage Design. Powered by Blogger.
google.com, pub-5748596377744039, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0